Education Benefits for Veterans and Military Service-members

A wide variety of education benefits are available to veterans, service members and their families. Veterans can use the GI Bill to pay for tuition and living expenses, and these benefits can also be passed along to spouses and dependents.


How do I apply for the GI Bill?

First, you need to complete a VA Form 22-1990 (the application for educational benefits). This form is available online. Once you have submitted your application, if you qualify for the GI Bill, you will receive a certificate of eligibility (COE) from the VA. DMII will need a copy of your COE for you record.


What if I want to transfer my benefits to a dependent?

You will need to complete a VA Form 22-5490. This form is available online.


What if I’ve used my benefits at another school?

If you are transferring from another school, or have previously used your benefits at another school, you will need to fill out VA Form 22-1995 (request for change of program or place of training). This form is available online.


If you have questions about how to complete any of these forms, please call 1-888-GIBILL1 for assistance.